Employment Based Visas

The Gabriel Jimenez Law Office handles both types of employment immigration: visas for legal residency, and nonimmigrant visas… Finally, the applicant will also have to prove that there are no U.S. workers available and sufficiently skilled, to fill the position. These types of immigrant visa applications often require that a labor certification be filed with the Department of Labor.

Nonimmigrant visas are those that allow an immigrant to work in the United States for a set period of time as long as they have the intent to return to their country when their visa expires.

Some of the common categories of these visas include:

  • H-1B- visas for professional workers;
  • L-1 – visas for international business executives or intra-company transfers;
  • E2 – Treaty Investors
  • TN- visas for NAFTA professionals