Gabriel Jiménez was born in El Paso, Texas and grew up in Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico. He is fluent in both English and Spanish. Mr. Jiménez graduated from the University of Texas at El Paso with Highest Honors in 1993 (B.A. – English and American Literature). He thereafter attended law school at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Law, where he participated in special appellate advocacy clinics under a former California Supreme Court Justice. In addition, Mr. Jiménez received trial advocacy training in an internship with the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office.
For ten years before starting his own law firm, Mr. Jiménez worked for various medium and large law firms in Los Angeles, gaining extensive training in civil and administrative litigation as well as immigration law. In these various capacities, Mr. Jiménez successfully handled cases for such entities as General Motors, Ford Motor Company, the Los Angeles Unified School District and the City of Los Angeles, as well as numerous individual clients. Mr. Jiménez eventually shifted his focus to the practice of immigration and nationality law, which he now practices exclusively.
- University of Texas at El Paso, B.A., English and American Literature, 1993, Summa Cum Laude.
- Academic Achievement Award, 1993.
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1996
- California State Bar
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit;
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit;
- United States District Court, Central District of California;
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- Los Angeles County Bar Association-Immigration Section;
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA):